Thursday, February 03, 2011

Sick again - Hospitals SUCK!!!!

The last 2 times I took hubby to the Montreal General Hospital for his surgeries I got sick. Last time was December 8th, which was the day after a snow storm. The hospital parking was full and there was nothing on the side streets. I ended up dropping him off, then going around in circles for 20 minutes before a spot with parking meter freed itself. Of course by then I couldn't remember what floor he was on, so ended up trying out 6 different floors to find him. Not surprising I touched elevators and doors, so I caught a stomach flu. Heck it was barely 4 hours after we got back from hospital when I had projectile vomit happening.  I was at my therapists, I had to ask hubby to take me home. First time I was too sick to make it home by myself  since I was a kid.

I took him on Monday for another appointment. This time we could park in the hospital parking lot and I was super careful. I must have washed my hands 3 times and used that hand sanitizer they have everywhere in the Hospital a dozen times. Enough that my hands were burning on the way home. I'm sensitive to alcohol and I rarely ever use hand sanitizers. But I figured better safe then sorry. Apparently it wasn't enough. Somehow I'm sick again 3 days after the appointment. I had a co-worker tell me yesterday I sounded like I had a bad cold. Today my eyes are tearing, my nose is leaking and I feel like crap.

Next time I think I'm going to wear a friggen mask. I mean I usually have a decent immune system, like wtf?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!