Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Recyle, Reuse, Reduce....

I strive to be as green as possible. It goes along with my neopagan beliefs.  This past week-end I went through my closet, and 2 of my leather belts with a distressed look, used to look black with some leather showing through, but now mostly just leather color. They both got  some black shoe polish. They both look as good as new.

Two other belts, from man made fabrics, had areas where the two parts that made the belt were unglued. One belt I really like, it's black on one side, and a black/green snakeskin pattern on the other side, and has a buckle that swivels either side. It's perfect for travel if you want to travel light, 2 belts in one.  The other one is a faux leather with an intricate design that I'm fond of, looks really nice with jeans. The fabric glue I picked up worked really well and within a day you could not tell either of these belts had been falling apart.

So instead of buying a new belt, I updated the look on 2 and fixed 2 others. It took me less time to fix what I had then to go shopping to find a new one.  I don't wear belts as fashion statements I wear belts to keep my stretchy jeans from falling.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!