Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It's not Caturday, but I'm talking about my cats anyways....

Jethro and Ziva
I think I was 10 when I got my first cat. It was a white tabby cat. I've pretty much had a cat ever since.  Especially since I discovered at 17 that one of my many allergies was an allergy to cats. The best way to deal with an allergy is exposure over time. So I figure so long as I always have a cat, I don't react to cats. If I were to go without then probably I could never have one again. 

Currently we have 4 cats. There's Pixie, male orange tabby, 7 years old now, there's Jethro, male black/white tux Main Coon, 2 1/2 years old, there's Ziva,  female light grey tabby with white stomach/ female who is about 10 months old and the baby Spock who is 7 months old he's a dark grey/black tabby with white  belly. All of them have mitten paws. All except Spock are poly-dactyl. Spock is unique because his front paws have thumbs but no extra toes.

It's funny because I like symmetrical things and yet 3 of the 4 cats now are not symmetrical. Those 3 look like they walked into white paint. 

I find cats make great companions. I've always figured 1 cat alone during the day gets bored, so I've always had at least 2 cats. The most I've had in my house was 6 cats. I find that more then 4 cats is too many cats. I hope as I age I can keep thinking that. One of my biggest fears is to end up being the little old lady with 100 cats.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!