Sunday, January 02, 2011

I like extremes

I've been nursing a migraine that seems to accompany the collection of cold sores festering in my nose most of the Christmas vacation. This is day 11 of this said migraine, so not being able to do much of anything since I can barely keep my eyes open, has let me to spend lots of time day dreaming. 

After our trip in October, I've fallen in love with Jordan, especially with Petra and Wadi Rum. I just loved being in the desert and at the ancient Nabataean city of Petra. I pine to go back daily. I want to spend a month in Jordan, with two weeks dedicated uniquely to Petra. I want to visit most of it's nooks and crannies.  I also want to spend a few days in the desert in Wadi Rum, go to Aqaba, and back to the dead sea.   I want to visit whatever other artifacts are there. 

At the same time I've been looking into traveling to the edge of James Bay up in northern Ontario. Taking the polar bear express from Cochrane to Moosonee, and going camping at Tidewater Provincial park is just talking to me. Of course not in January, it's too cold, it would have to be between May and September to camp. I also found a Moosonee resident who is an amazing photographer and who loves taking photos of his village. If you use Google Earth and zoom into Moosonee most of the photo's you will find will be his as well. So I'm pining to visit Moosonee, Moose Factory, Tidewater Provincial Park and crossing the Moose River,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!