Sunday, January 30, 2011

Gluten free bread & Pasta...

I made a variant of this gluten free corn bread. I only used 1/2 a  cup of corn flour, and the other half cup was Bob's gluten free flour mix and I did use 1 cup of brown rice flour.  I also added a tablespoon of caraway seeds and a tablespoon of flax seed to the mix as well.The bread came out really nice. 

I couldn't wait to try it with this goat's milk Brie that I found today. I so love cheese and I've found now 3 different types of goat or sheep  cheese. There's the feta type, which is great in salads, there's the Kashkaval type which is great for making mac and cheese and melts in general and there's Brie.. what can I say for Brie.. it's great on bread to be savoured.

Today I went through the spice cabinet and took note of all the ones we were low on and picked up most of  the spices at the Super C on Brunswick & Deacon and then I went to the Bulk Barn at Marche de l'ouest for the rest of the spices. Bulk Barn I found out carries 4 types of gluten free pastas. I had the rice pasta shells with Kashkaval cheese for dinner tonight - so it was shell & cheese :)  Sadly they do not carry unsweetened carob chips. That was a little disappointing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!