Thursday, January 20, 2011

Big Bang Theory and other favorite shows.

Currently one of my favorite TV shows is the Big Bang Theory.While I attended Concordia University I was part of a group of nerds/geeks. I knew someone who was as bizarre as the character of Sheldon if you can believe it.   I probably liked this TV show from the first time I watched an episode.

I  spent way too much time with Star Trek fans. I mean to this day I can more or less tell you what episode it is just from the first minute or so. I'm talking original series. While I watched some of the later series at one point I just got really turned off by anything remotely trekish, 

There's other shows like MASH that I never watched while it was on the air. I mean I'd seen an episode here and there, but never cared for the show. I suddenly grew fond of it back in 2001 and then needed a daily MASH fix. I own the entire series on DVD. I discovered in the past year another show from the same time frame China Beach, also something I never watched back then. It was brilliant But I suppose when it aired I was in a different place in my head and this type of show had no appeal. 

Then there's NCIS, which at first I watched because there was nothing else to watch on TV but that during a certain time slot. It took me several weeks to get to know the characters.  Now I just love the show, and especially the character Gibbs, though I never cared much either way for the actor who plays him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!