Friday, September 18, 2009

We take the ferry to Nova Scotia and head straight for Cape Breton Highlands.....

We had breakfast in Murray Harbour at the Brehaut restaurant. I had scrambled eggs and their breakfast potatoes, he had a full breakfast. On his way out they asked him how he found the breakfast. He told them it was the best he’d had in days and they ran into the kitchen to tell the chef. It was cute. We then went to the gift shop/flea market next door, and I picked up a pinkish stone ashtray, and some different candlesticks.

We drove around the eastern side of PEI before taking the Woods Island Ferry to Pictou in Nova Scotia. From there we took the road that took us to cape Breton. We drove until we found the Cabot trail and followed it. By then it was getting dark. Of course as we went up Smokey mountain, I had a truck up my ass with his bloody lights blinding me the whole fucking way. It was irritating. At some point I managed to find a place to pull into and let all the 20 cars that had accumulated behind me pass.

I’m still driving at like 60 or less when road is more curvy, when I get someone up my ass again. When he passed me we realized it was an RCMP SUV. Of course the guy had to know we didn’t know the road well, what with a Quebec licence plate?!? We did make it to the highlands and campground and the guy was super nice, told us to pay in the morning and get our park permits then too.

We of course set up camp in the dark. I had crashed by then and was very pissy. All the stress of driving up and down mountain roads with on and off rain, and people tailgating had seriously done a number on my mood. But all was good after I ate. We realized we could hear the waves from our campsite at Broadcove. It rained off and on all night. It was warm though in comparison to the nights in Fundy and in PEI.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!