Saturday, March 31, 2007

User Access Controls = Vista Hell

So I've been in Vista hell for several months. I don't turn off the UAC because I figure the average schmuck using Vista will have them on. But man do they annoy me. I like that new apple ad on TV. The mac is speaking to you, allow? Allow? allow?

My boss' boss is this somewhat more conservative looking fellow, a little bit older then me. He's a very nice man, very down to earth. He was working on a Vista issue with one of my employees earlier this week, and after they debugged an issue together, he sent out an email giving steps to reproduce the problem to his programming team, copying my employee.

One line in the email said "Turn on UAC, for maximum pleasure". Had my employee laughing so hard he had to share with the rest of us. It was just so unexpected coming from this VP :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!