Sunday, March 11, 2007

Miserable March in Montreal

Ok I admit I chose the title for it's alliteration. March isn't anymore miserable then usual in Montreal. I mean admittedly it was -21 when I arrived Wednesday evening and today it was 0. Also it was raining today. Meaning that there's coats of ice on all the snow now.

You can almost smell spring just around the corner. And that in itself would excite me, I'd be poring over seed catalogs and finding which new plant I want to add to the garden. Maybe next week. Now I'm still stuck in no man's land. Wanting to still be with my sweetie, instead of in my home. *sigh*

I cooked up a storm today. Great way to forget the time and make sure I'm well fed. I made an eggplant curry, and told my youngest when she saw the eggplant that it was all mine and she couldn't have any. In fact since people always make fun of the eggplant, I'm keeping my eggplant dishes all to myself. I made rice pasta to go with the curried eggplant. YUM! I also made a curried lentil stew [That smelt awesome, even cold, when I put it in a container to store in the fridge], and curried Indian vegetable stew along with some brown rice to accompany both. I should have food to eat till the end of the week. Was just thinking I bought spinach, and should make stir fried spinach with chick peas. Something to do tomorrow.

I ended making a Powerpoint presentation with my trip to Dubai. It has 92 slides and is about 92Megs large. It didn't dawn on me that it would end up this big. But it looks really nice on a 30" apple cinema panel when I play it at work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!