Friday, March 02, 2007

Getting Lost in Sharjah....

It seems to be a common joke in the UAE that one gets lost in Sharjah. Well this morning, we took a drive down to Sharjah to pick up one of my sweetie's friends, who had spent the night there. It didn't take long for us to get lost. I figured out we were going in circles when we passed both the post office and one particular mosque serveral times. It was interesting, we started from Dubai, went to Sharjah, back to Dubai and then dropped off the friend in Abu Dhabi. Not just anywhere in Abu Dhabi, but in the furthest suburb just on the edge of the desert. Because it was night by then I did not manage to get any pictures of the desert, but I did manage a few nicely lit up mosques. We ended up the trip back in Dubai of course at a Mc Donalds.

I've included 3 pictures. 1 is the post office in Sharjah, the 2nd is the mosque, and the 3rd is the McDonalds I spotted in Sharjah. McD's looks the same pretty much everywhere in the world don't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!