Thursday, February 15, 2007

I feel like a child again

I went to my doctor yesterday, to see what vaccinations if any I should get before traveling to Dubai. Well I ended up with 3 vaccinations yesterday. One against polio, one called adacel, against diphteria, tetanus and whopping cough, and lastly one against hepatitis A. She also suggested hepetitis B, typhoid and one called dukoral against cholera and travelers diarreah.

I refused one against the flu, I stopped taking the flu shot 7-8 years ago after a bad reaction, and to be honest I have not seen much difference between the years I had the flu shot and those I didnt' for the number of viral infections I catch and that can potentially set off my asthma. I also refused the mumps/measles/rubella one. I've had the mumps and measles already. Rubella, if I was still of child bearing capabilities, I'd have taken it, but since I'm not.. seems a waste. She also suggested the HPV generically but I chose to take that one later on, since I wasn't sure if my insurance would cover it. I called up the hotline for our insurance and they tell me they do to 85% which is great. I will be getting it after my trip... I think I'm getting enough vaccinations before my trip.

This morning, both of the arms that had vaccinations have muscle fatigue and one of the vaccinations gave me a bruise the size of a quarter.

I should get ready for work..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!