Monday, January 15, 2007

Rusty Rims

So I did not have a slow leak in my tire. I didnt' have a flat on my tire either. I know on this car, every other time I get winter tires put on, I seem to have to go back in a couple of weeks to get one redone. Well at least now I know why. One of my rims apparently is so rusty it makes a poor seal hence it goes flat. So I should be buying a new rim in spring when I get my tires changed again.

I'm guessing when I go the first time, usually it's in the rush where everyone and his brother is getting his tires changed for winter, so they do it fast, and usually within a couple of weeks I have one tire that is very flat. When I go back and complain about that tire - they redo it and probably realize it's rusty, scrape some rust, put some sealant compound and then it holds. But at least the nice guy at Mr Lube told me it was rusty. Next time it won't happen with that rim. I kinda wonder if it might be worth just buying 4 new rims in the spring. Car will be 8 years old in June. and it's just hit the 70 000 Kms not to long ago.

I'm happy that my tire is fine. I have to go downtown tomorrow and I would hate having a blowout on the highway. Between the 6 inches of snow that fell today, I"m betting getting downtown will not be fun tomorrow. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:42 pm

    You wouldn't want to miss your coronation! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment!