Friday, December 01, 2006

Will an 8" shaft do?

What a day yesterday was. Not very pleasant day at work. My old favorite beast of a system, an old IBM Intellistation Z-Pro - a Dual Xeon 550 Mhz with a GX chipset, died, just like that. I've had the beast since it was top of the line, and this machine was old faithful. I hope it's just a dead powersupply. I love my old beast. What other system am I going to run 5 SCSI drives on?

We also spent way too much time looking for a nut driver. So I figured I'd take the innitiative and order tools for the department. Except I realized that I don't know the names of most tools. I'm quite profient using tools, and even know the name of some tools in quebequois slang, but not so much in english. Since I have no idea where purchaser will buy tools, I have to be very precise in my description.

So here I was yesterday, asking a male co-worker if a #1 philips with an 8" shaft would do the trick. If it was long enough for what his team wanted? Only in Quebec would I decide I want a 5mm flathead with 8" shaft. Which translates to a 200mm shaft. That doesnt' sound nearly as good does it ?

Also ordering 5mm nut drivers. Some nut always seems to drive them away.

It's snowing wet snow today. Gotta love Montreal Weather. It was 18 C yestereday. Today it is 0 C. Really ought to get my winter tires put on. THey have been travelling with me in my trunk for the past week now. Sadly the place I usually get my tires changed closed down. So Debbie was suggesting I go to "Mr Lube". And I could get to meet Karim, "the fluids expert". Will see later today if I have time, will drive over, get tires changed, also get an oil change and have all my fluids topped off. I mean if they have a "Fluids expert" may as well benefit.

On that note [C flat], I'm going to take a nap. My sweetie isn't around. I thought I'd spend most of the day with him.. but things change.... Nothing is permanent but change.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:44 pm

    In Québec, a robertson is a tête carré..

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment!