Saturday, December 02, 2006

Power failure and fluids experts

So in the end I did not take a nap yesterday. Right when I was going to crawl back into bed my cleaning lady arrived. She talked to me for half an hour after which I was way too wound up to get back to sleep. So I figured maybe this is as good time as any to get a haircut. Last time I had my hair cut was back in February or March of 2005. Got a layered long haircut, which I liked a lot. When I called the hairdresser she was like "Can you be there in 20 minutes"... I was like.. "Yes!!!".

Turns out there was freezing rain in Montreal this Friday. Was not a bad day to take off work. Getting to the hairdresser proved trickier then I expected especially since I was still driving on my almost bald original all-season tires. She gave me a great haircut, looks very similar to the one I got back in 2005. Tomorrow must pick up some hair color. Terra-cotta blonde. Everyone likes that color on me. Suits my skin color the best as shades of red goes.

Got home from the haircut just around noon, and as it turns out my sweetie had also just gotten home, so we chatted for a few hours. Made my day......Considered going out after our chat, but with the weather I decided I was going to enjoy the warmth of my home. Was just as well. Around 3am we lost power due to the freezing rain and 100km winds. Though they claimed it would be back by noon, I know it was back by 3:30pm today.

I figured this morning when I got up, that I may as well go to Mr Lub and get my car serviced. If I was going to be bored, I may as well be bored for something. I had to laugh with the signs at Mr Lub.. I mean do you really want your pals to know you as a "Fluids Expert"????? They were probably wondering why I was waiting quietly and smirking to myself most of the time I was there... I got my winter tires finally put on, so I'm ready for any more snow now... and also got all the fluids changed, and topped. My car is lubbed up ... :)

Came back home around lunchtime and it was still without electricity and it was like 17C in the house. Brrr. I called my eldest, and woke her up.. poor thing. Went to Mr Falafel and picked up what they call a 'vegetarian on pita' and went over to my daughter's where it was somewhat warm, ate my lunch and had a cup of warm tea. It was the tea I was missing most. Warm tea.

Daughter told me I could use her PC. So I get on MSN and send my sweetie a message to tell him I'm powerless, hence not online.. and her PC just shuts itself off. Then plays possum. So I unplugged the power cord from powersupply, let it sit for a bit, then repower everything, and it boots up again... The minute we load MSN, it shuts itself off and plays possum again. We did that 3 times.. I pulled out her system and tehn realized she had dustbunnies the size of Texas on her fans.. So I cleaned those ff.. tried the PC again.. still died each time we load MSN. I figured she had 2 power failures yesterday due to the storm, her power supply is probably marginal... So before driving her to work, we picked up a new power supply. I explained her how to change it, but told her I could come over tomorrow to change it for her. Alternatively if she sees her dad first, he can do it, or heck even her roomate. Though I'm sure she can do it herself. I'm hoping when she gets home from work tonight, she'll want to use her 'good' PC to game, so she will change her own Powersupply tonight.. and I'll be so incredibly proud of her ;)

Speaking of daughters, younger daughter just called asking for a lift home from work... Mom the taxi to the rescue...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!