Monday, December 25, 2006

Latke's and Kitchen fires....

I just made a batch of mashed potato latkes that were out of this world. IMHO they were the best batch of mashed potato latke's I've ever made. However, I guess one day I'll have to make the mashed and the grated kind both together and see which ones are favored. I used to get rave reviews for my pan fried grated potato latke's.

One day I'll have grand-children and they will say their granny makes the best latke's ever :) My grandma, much like myself did not like cooking and she did the least possible. About the only thing that I liked that she actually made from scratch were her donuts. [As an adult I used to make donuts for my grandpa in memory of grandma's] Sadly whole wheat donuts just aren't satisfying. So no more donut making for me. Besides donuts imply deep frying and every time there has been a kitchen fire, it's always been because someone is deep frying. I think I've been traumatized. I rarely ever deep fry anything out of the fear of putting my kitchen on fire. Yet [knocking on wood], I've never had a kitchen fire. So maybe my trauma is a good thing. :)

On that thought, I'm going to go strip some more wallpaper. I'm halfway done the kitchen now.. and I've filled all the holes in the bathroom wall. It's ready for paint...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!