Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Boxing day specials

My mom used to call those "Les ventes arraches boutons", the boxing day specials. I always loved the way that sounded. "Button pulling sales!". Well I rarely have the patience for boxing day crowds. So I stayed well away from Fairview shopping center.

I was contemplating going to Home Depot but when I looked at where the nearest ones were, I decided non were near enough, and figured I'd go to Rona warehouse instead. I was going to pick up some paint rollers, sand paper, and look at the curtains. See if I can find some pre-made that would match my new wallpaper borders. I don't really want to make curtains.. but it would be really easy for me to make them myself to replace the old kitchen ones. I guess what I hate the most making curtains, is not sewing them, that's easy. It's taking all the damn measurements. :P

In the end just as I was leaving for Rona l'entrepot at Cote Vertu, eldest daughter happened to come home. So I told her I could easily be convinced to go to Ikea. I love shopping at Ikea. I was impressed with myself. I managed to leave with only $50 worth of stuff, mostly candles [hey 50 white candles for $7.00 who can beat that?], and more candle holders. Also 2 picture frames. Hey they were reduced to almost nothing.. We did go to Rona, I did find my rollers and sandpaper.. Neither store had curtains anything remotely what I was looking for. *sigh*

I've been finding holes under the wallpaper. Apparently the bathroom fixture was changed by the same owners who put the wallpaper, but they never fixed the hole, just covered it with wall paper and were lucky in the 6 + years no one happened to poke it and go right through wallpaper. Also realized tonight that there had been other wallpaper in the kitchen. Really ugly wallpaper. Found out as well, that the kitchen had been painted a bright custard yellow, and also a baby green.

[And apparently custard yellow is hard to read on this background...]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!