Sunday, November 26, 2006

Passport

I had the bright idea sometime last week, that I might go suprise a friend in Dubai for his birthday, December 1st. Well it did not help that my passport expired November 8th. It did not help either that the US will require passports to anyone entering the US starting late January, so every Canadian, his mother, brother, sister and dog was at the passport office yesterday.

I figured I'd go to the passport office at Fairview, it's even opened on Saturday's and is conviently located in a mall. But I was all shopped out yesterday. I did spend some of my nearly 3 hour wait wandering around the mall, to find lime green mittens to match my ubber-lime green American Eagle outfitters bomber down jacket [It was in liquidation and best of all my size]. I did find a pair of mittens at Winners, but they were not nearly as nice as the ones I picked up last year at Maison Simons that I wore so much, they were falling to shreds.

Sadly in the end all my friend in Dubai will get for his birthday is a package with DVD's. That I mailed out on the 20th of November. I hope it gets there in 10 days... If it is anything like the previous package I sent, it will take it's sweet f........n time.

The fairview passport office does not do rush passports either. So they will issue my passport December 11th, meaning I'll have it oh by my birthday...

Funny I did not expect everyone to gang up and tell me to fly to Dubai on a whim... the person I expected to be the least supportive, Yas, was totally supportive. Of course she added with a mischievious smile, that she, had been to Dubai and if nothing else I should go because it's different.

I cooked up a storm last night. Make a tomato/lentil/vegetable soup and a veggie soup stock for starting other recipes. Of course I had to make some fried eggplant.

Dunno what it is, but ever since Debbie had her first BBQ this summer, been craving fried eggplant. I have it at least every 2 weeks. And yet I've never cared for eggplant. I could not understand why, when I was a child, we had these white curtains in our dining room, with black eggplant shapes in the corners as decoration. My mom MADE these. purposefully with eggplants as decoration. I can't just say she had poor judgement buying curtains...

I was up again at some ungodly hour, and checking for some email from my friend in Dubai. *Sigh* 5 more months.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!